In this case, Ried is just the right place for you. Ried's location at the crossroads of three countries (Austria, Switzerland, Italy) makes it the perfect base for amazing trips. Here are a few tips...
- Samnaun Duty-Free Zone
For cheap petrol, cigarettes, perfume, alcoholic drinks... Samnaun is the ideal spot. Located only 20km from Ried, it's the perfect destination for bargain hunters.
- Livigno Duty-Free Zone in Italy
- The Reschen Pass (South Tyrol)
In the spirit of dropping in to visit the neighbours, you can pop over to South Tyrol ( Italy) to explore the area.
With the beautiful old city, the Golden Roof, Maria Theresien Strasse (famous street), the Alpine Zoo, and much more.
- A trip to Innsbruck can be tied in with a visit to the Swarovski Crystal World in Wattens
- Who doesn't know the beautiful jewellery made by Swarovski?! An impressive and unique world of crystals designed by Andre Heller... all right nearby.
- Schwaz Silver Mine
- A trip by train into an old silver mine affords insight into earlier methods of silver extraction...
- Lechtal - Zugspitze – Königsschlösser
- Ötzi Village (in summer): Explore the world of stone-age man in this small village.
- Tarasp Castle in Engadin
- Botanical garden of Merano (South-Tyrol)
- Churburg Castle in Schluderns (South-Tyrol)
- Archaeological Museum in Fließ
- Hochfinstermünz Fortress in Nauders
- Landeck Castle and much more…
- Beautiful hiking trails in the direct vicinity.
Summer Card Gold
...an entrance pass to unlimited holiday fun in
the Tyrolean Oberland holiday paradise.
13 lifts in Fendels, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, Nauders and Venet.
For Euro 46.00 per person
free for children up to 14 years